Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Concealer Review Swatches
*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
As a big fan of Magic Away concealer from team Tilbury, I was super excited about the brand new Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Concealer. I have the details here with swatches, a full review and before and after photos, plus comparisons to Magic Away. Enjoy!
What is Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Concealer?
I have been trying out the new Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Concealer in shade 3.5 and really getting on well so far. I love Magic Away so I am very hopeful for this.
Here’s what you need to know about the new concealer:
- Designed to brighten, smooth and lift
- Suitable for use on eyes and face
- Hydrating formula with buildable coverage
- 16 hour wear
- 10% Active Ingredients – combines concealer with eye cream
- Can be used to conceal, correct and contour the complexion
- Available in 30 shades (see guide below)
How to use it
There are three ways that you can use this concealer according Charlotte Tilbury:
- Face Lift effect – choose your conceal shade (see below) and use the product to conceal and smooth out uneven tone, hyperpigmentation and imperfections
- Eye lift effect – use your brighten shade (one shade lighter than your conceal shade) to correct and brighten dark circles
- Contour – use your contour shade (a deeper shade than your conceal shade) to sculpt in all the normal places that you use contour
- Niacinamide – helps to smooth the skin and reduce the appearance of pores, lines and wrinkles
- Golden Vitamin C – brightens and helps deliver an even tone
- Hyaluronic Acid – hydrates and plumps the skin
- ‘Glow Peptide’ – designed to give a light-reflecting finish
- Vegan Collagen – to plump and smooth
- Jojoba, sunflower, mimosa floral waxes – to enhance skin smoothness and hydrate
- Camellia oil – to help maintain skin barrier
- Soft focus silica – to reduce appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Emollients – for a gliding texture
- Natural mica-based pearls – for light reflection and second skin finish
Which shade of Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Concealer do you need?
There are 30 shades available in this new collection of concealers. Here’s the list of shades with a guide to which skin tones each one will suit.
As detailed above, you can choose three shades depending on what you need. Below is a guide to choosing your conceal shade (you go one lighter for brightening, and deeper for contouring)
- 1 Fair – very fair skin tones with neutral undertones
- 2 Fair – very fair skins with pink undertones
- 2.5 Fair – very fair skin tones with yellow undertones
- 3 Fair – fair skin tones with pink undertones
- 3.5 Fair – fair skin tones with yellow undertones
- 4 Fair – fair skin tones with neutral undertones
- 4.5 Fair – fair skin tones with peach undertones
- 5 Medium – fair-medium skin tones with yellow undertones
- 6 Medium – fair-medium skin tones with neutral undertones
- 6.5 Medium – medium skin tones with neutral undertones
- 7 Medium – medium skin tones with peach undertones
- 7.5 Medium – medium skin tones with yellow undertones
- 8 Medium – medium skin tones with neutral undertones
- 8.5 Medium – medium skin tones with yellow undertones
- 9 Tan – for medium-tan skin tones with olive undertones
- 9.5 Tan – for tan skin tones with golden warm undertones
- 10 Tan – for tan skin tones with peach undertones
- 11 Tan – for tan skin tones with peach undertones
- 11.5 Tan – for tan skin tones with golden undertones
- 11.75 Tan – for tan skin tones with neutral olive undertones
- 12 Tan – for tan-deep skin tones with neutral undertones
- 13 Deep – for tan-deep skin tones with warm peach undertones
- 14 Deep – for deep skin tones with neutral olive undertones
- 15 Deep – for deep skin tones with neutral undertones
- 15.5 Deep – for deep skin tones with cool undertones
- 16 Deep – for deep skin tones with golden undertones
- 16.5 Deep – for deep skin tones with red undertones
- 17 Deep – for deep skin tones with neutral warm undertones
- 17.5 Deep – for deep skin tones with red undertones
- 17.75 Deep – for very deep skin tones with neutral undertones
Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Concealer Swatches
I have shades 1, 2.5, 3.5 and 5 to show you:
Here are those same swatches blended out:
Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Concealer vs Magic Away
I had lots of questions about how the new shades compare to the shades in the Magic Away concealer.
I got my beloved Magic Away shade 3 out and put it next to these shades.
I think that the nearest match to Magic Away concealer that I have is Beautiful Skin Concealer in 3.5:
Here they are swatched next to each other:
For reference, I use Shade 4 Neutral in Beautiful Skin Foundation, which I have used for this post.
This is 3.5 applied to the right, before blending.
And here is shade 3 of Magic Away on the left side of the pic, and new Beautiful Skin Concealer in 3.5 on the right – both blended.
I think you may be able to see that the new concealer has a fuller coverage and perhaps a smoother effect? What do you think?
Check out my Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin foundation review.
My Review Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Concealer
Basically, this is a win for me. I love Magic Away, but I know I am not alone when I say that application could be tricky. The lid was sometimes hard to get off and the sponge could get messy.
There are none of those issues with Beautiful Skin Concealer. It is still early days for me but I really really love it. I am very happy with shade 3.5 and I find it lasts very well and looks beautiful.
I think it has slightly more coverage than Magic Away. It has a beautiful smoothing effect, looks luminous and bright and feels wonderfully hyydrating.
I will update with more thoughts as I go, but I think this is going to be a real crowd-pleaser. Big thumbs up!
If you have any questions for me, please fire away. You can find me on Instagram easily – see link below.
SIGN UP TO MY NEW FACEBOOK GROUP FOR LOTS OF BEAUTY CHATS AND MORE! APPLY HERE.
Is Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away being discontinued?
I have asked this question and the answer at the moment is, no. There are no plans to discontinue Magic Away.
Where to buy Beautiful Skin Concealer
The new Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Concealer is £25 and available now at Charlotte Tilbury*